A key phrase I keep hearing since the beginning of the pandemic is ‘new normal’. encompasses a whole host of behaviors and changes that we as a collective have had to learn to embrace (or at least tolerate). Some of our new normal has even been fun (looking at you, pajamas all day, and ice cream for breakfast!) Something else we can add to the new normal? Another month, another update to COVID-19 policies!
What is it this time?
The Standards Board of California’s Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) published proposed revisions to the COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS), originally implemented in November 2020. There will be a meeting on June 3rd
What are some of the proposed changes to the ETS?
- Eliminates physical distancing and masking requirements for fully vaccinated employees
- Removes physical distancing requirements for employees wearing respirators.
- No testing or quarantining for asymptomatic recovered or fully vaccinated employees
You can see the other proposed revisions by clicking on the link above
When is the meeting, and how can you attend?
The California Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board will hold the Board Meeting on June 3, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
Attend the meeting via Video-conference:
1. Go to www.webex.com
2. Select “Join”
3. Enter the meeting information: 268 984 996
4. Enter your name and email address then click “Join Meeting”
5. Video-conference will be opened to the public at 9:50 a.m.
Attend the meeting via Teleconference:
1. Dial (844) 992-4726
2. When prompted, enter 268 984 996
3. When prompted for an Attendee ID, press #
4. Teleconference will be opened to the public at 9:50 a.m.
Live video stream and audio stream (English and Spanish):
2. Video stream and audio stream will launch as the meeting starts at 10:00 a.m.