It’s time to update your COVID PREVENTION PLAN (CPP) AGAIN.
New changes went into effect on May 6, 2022.
A recap of changes:
- Exclusion Requirements for Employees who test positive for COVID-19. These apply to ALL employees regardless of vaccination status, previous infection or lack of symptoms.
- Guidance for Close Contacts – Employees who are exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Face coverings may be requested from the employer by employees and must be provided at no cost to employee regardless of vaccine status.
- Employers must provide respirators to employees when requested for voluntary use.
- Face coverings are no longer mandatory in indoor settings.
- Face coverings will be mandatory when required by CDPH (California Department of Public Health).
- Cleaning and disinfecting are no longer required.
- COVID-19 test may be self-administered as long as there is a date/time-stamped photo of the test result.
- Fully vaccinated is deleted from the regulation.
- Close contact and infectious period definitions will change if CDPH changes the definition.
If your company has an annual agreement with M.R.S, your COVID plan will be updated and emailed to you. If you would like an updated COVID-19 Prevention Plan or have an Annual Safety Program, contact us: [email protected].
*I DOUBT IT!